Outdoor art projects are our favourite to do during the summer months and if they are messy then it's a great idea to do them outside. This fun bubble print activity can get messy but the kids love it and it's easy and quick to set up. Kids from preschool up will enjoy creating their own colourful pictures so here you go a quick and easy summer art project for your kids to do this year.
We always find our summer art is a little bit more messy and therefore according to our kids more fun because we can wash down and clear up quickly and easily outside.
What you need to make Bubble Prints
- Bowl or dish
- Washing up Liquid (Dish Soap)
- Food Colouring/liquid water colours
How to Make Bubble Print Pictures
- Put about ½ cup of washing up liquid (dish soap) into the bowl and add some water to make a shallow mix of water and washing up liquid.
- Mix together to form a layer of bubbles.
- Add a few drops of food colouring (or liquid watercolours) to the bubbles.
- Then using the straw blow.
- When the bubbles are near the surface gently place the paper on the top of the bubbles to capture them as they pop.
Our daughter loved blowing through the straw and making the bubbles as big as possible in the bowl.
We did the activity outside she seemed to be aiming for how many bubbles she could blow over the top of the bowl and they went everywhere.
Using food colouring like this produces a very weak bubble print but the fun is making the bubbles and trying to capture the prints before the bubbles disappear.
More Summer Fun for Kids
Why not check out these other summer fun activities for you and the kids to do this year
- Make some delicious Rainbow Fruit Ice Lollies with the kids
- Set up and let your little ones play with these 10 Fun Summer Sensory Bins
- Get Creative with the kids and make some Summer Beach Crafts
- How about creating your own lanterns for the garden with our How to Make Tin Can Lanterns Guide for Kids