Cool homemade lemonade with ice, a slice of my homemade lemon and blueberry cake and a good book, that's all I need to relax on a very hot summers day. And as the temperatures hit the high 80's in the UK this week and kept that temperature my mind turned to Lemons and the Delicious Lemon Recipes that will make my sweet tooth happy if not my waistline.
Way back when I was in my early 20's I lived in Costa Rica and in front of my cabin on stilts stood a lemon tree, it seemed to fruit all year around in the hot humid temperatures and produced the most amazing lemons. Each day we would collect the ripe ones from the tree and squeeze them ourselves to make fresh lemonade that we enjoyed for breakfast with our Gallo Pinto and scrambled eggs from the chickens. Those memories will forever remind me of sunshine, heat and summers and lemon will forever be a summer fruit in my eyes.
Lemon Cake Recipes
Lemon's just beg to be added to cake especially if you are like me and have a little bit of a sweet tooth. One day I will share my Lemon and Blueberry cake recipe with everyone but as I only make it for special occasions you will have to wait a little bit longer. In the mean time though you really should add some of these amazing Lemon Cake Recipes to your recipe collection and give them a try.
- Lemon Cream Cake from Bake or Break
- Lemon Burst Poke Cake from Melissas Southern Style Kitchen
- Lemon Brownies from The Taylor House
- Lemon and Blueberry Muffins our own recipe idea for cooking with kids
- Lemon Bread from An Italian in my Kitchen
- Lemon Loaf Pound Cake from Melanie Cookes
- Lemon Blueberry Bread from Glorious Treats
- Lemon Crumb Muffins from Baked by Rachel
- Italian Lemon Pound Cake from My Recipe Confessions
Try these delicious Watermelon Recipes for Summer Entertaining Next
Lemon Drink Recipes
These drinks are ideal to keep your refreshed during the heat of the summer and if you want the homemade lemonade and the cordial can be kept in the fridge to make sure that they stay extra cold.
- Homemade Lemonade that is so easy that the kids can make it
- Traditional Lemon Cordial from a 1930's recipe
- Copycat Frosted Lemonade from Cincy Shopper
Our cookie jar is never empty and this summer I'm trying my hand at some of these delicious Lemon cookies to share with the family and friends that visit.
- Lemon Sugar Cookies from Modern Honey
- Lemon Butter Cookies from Wicked Good Kitchen
- Lemon Shortbread Cookie from Eazy Peazy Meals
- Lemon Cool Whip Cookie from Love to Know
- Lemon Sour Cream Sugar Cookies from The Recipe Rebel
Even More Lemon Sweetness to share
There's rolls, scones, pies and more that just don't seem to fit into the standard categories so I'm giving them their own special feature. Those extra Sweet treats that you can't miss.
- Best Lemon Cheesecake from The Unlikely Baker
- Easy Lemon Truffle from Premeditated Leftovers
- Lemon Cream Scones from Food Fanatic
- Whole Lemon Ice Cream from Kirbie Cravings
- Lemon Sugar Cookie Bars from The Salty Marshmallow
- Lemon Butter Bars from Butter with a Side of Bread
- Lemon Pie from The Girl Who Ate Everything
- Lemon Cheesecake Crescent Rolls from Lemon Tree Dwellings
Why not pair any of these sweet treats with some homemade pizza and make it a movie night with the kids