As a family, we love the combination of bacon and chicken and searching for party appetisers this year to bring to gatherings I found a recipe in my notes that I thought I would try for Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites. This uses some of our fajita seasoning mix (scroll down for the link to the recipe to make your own) to rub into the chicken beforehand and the brushed with BBQ sauce after cooking. They are best served warm but can be prepared and stored in the fridge for a few hours and then cooked.
Bite-Sized Bacon Wrapped Chicken Appetiser
The original recipe I read called for Barbecue Seasoning – however, the only one that we have in the store cupboard is a hot one that my husband loves on his steak. So instead I switched it for our Fajita Seasoning which I make regularly and it took down the heat a lot.
As these are bite-sized they were perfect for the Christmas and New Year’s Parties as you could stack the plate with them and people help themselves. As they are sticky with the BBQ Sauce it’s best to use a toothpick so that fingers stay clean.
Bite-Sized Bacon Wrapped Chicken Pieces
- 453 g chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8 pieces streaky bacon (smoked) cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning
- 120 ml barbeque sauce
- Preheat oven to 200C degrees and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with tin foil and placing a wire cooling rack on top.
- Season chicken with fajita seasoning.
- Wrap each piece of chicken with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Cook the chicken pieces on top of the rack for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush barbeque sauce on each piece of chicken.
- Move it to the top grill and cook for 5 mins on full heat.
More Chicken Recipes to Cook for the Family
Our favourite mid-week family meal to make ahead and enjoy on the night are our Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas – using the same spice mix we used for this recipe this can be frozen on the pan or in a bag and then made on the night perfect for when you are in a rush and want a quick meal for the kids and you to enjoy.
This Chicken and Bacon Tray Bake was inspired by flavours that I encountered travelling we love the lime and seasoning and it tastes amazing. Another kit with the kids and would work for seasoning on these bite-sized bacon wrapped chicken pieces as well.
A favourite chicken recipe when we have the outside grill on is our Grilled Bahamian Chicken Breasts. They were a huge hit with the kids and friends this summer.
More Party Appetisers to Enjoy
New Years Eve Party Appetisers that the whole family will like.
Quick Appetisers for Summer Parties that you can make in under 30 minutes.
Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs, a quick and simple appetiser to make ahead and warm up.
Why not Pin these Simple Chicken Appetisers to Make Later