I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more information about this please see our disclosure policy.
A fun and easy Valentines Card craft using tissue paper and glue. This is a simple activity to do with children from toddlers up and produces a lovely effective Valentines Day card for your child to give or send.
Materials needed for a Tissue Paper Heart Card:
Strong Card for the heart shape
Glue (White school glue works best)
Tissue Paper in Pink and Red
Making a Tissue Paper Heart Card
Take the tissue paper sheets and tear into small squares and rectangles. These don’t have to be evenly shaped or the same size. T (almost 3) tore them up and placed them into a pile.
Scrunch up the tissue paper into small buds and put into a container. With the strong card draw a basic heart shape and then cut out. Depending on your child’s ability , you can let them cut out, or you can help cut out. You can also give them the offcuts and let them practice some cutting skills at the same time.
Cover the heart with glue, and then place on the scrunched up tissue paper. We started by placing bits at a time but moved onto pouring the container of scrunched up tissue paper all over the heart which made it easier to cover the heart moving them around.
Once dry, glue the tissue paper heart to the card blank, and give or send to your child’s valentines.
Latest posts by Cerys Parker (see all)
- Savoury Apple Recipes for Autumn Family Meals and Entertaining - September 13, 2016
- 2-Ingredient Quick and Easy Apple Scented Playdough Recipe - September 12, 2016
- Who Lives in the Forest? A Forest School Activity for Kids. - September 8, 2016
- Weekly Virtual Book Club for Kids 2016 – 2017 - September 7, 2016
- 5 reasons why Sandringham Camping and Caravan Club Site is great for families - August 31, 2016