I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more information about this please see our disclosure policy.
In our bid to get rid of the nasties from our home, we’re switching over chemical’s for more natural products and last week I ran out of the rim block that we use in the bathroom so with some research I discovered Toilet Bombs. There are lots of different recipes around the Internet – this one from One Good Thing by Jillee or this one from Premeditated Leftovers were two that I found. Now using anything for this first time I’m unwilling to work with large quantities of anything so with some calculations and looking at what I had in store I was able to work out the best recipe for us and quantities that made sense.
Ingredients to make your own Toilet Bombs
1 cup Bicarbonate of Soda
1/4 cup Citric Acid
20 drops Wild Orange Essential Oil
20 drops Lavender Essential Oil
10 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
10 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Silicone Mini Muffin Tin
Small Spray Water Bottle
How to make your own Toilet Bombs
- Measure out the citric acid and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl
- Mix thoroughly
- Add in your drops of essential oil – you can find out more about essential oils and how we use them here.
- Mix thoroughly together
- Fill up a small spray water bottle with water
- Spray onto the mix and mix together
- You want to try and avoid the mixture fizzing so adding a little at a time works best
- When you have a damp mixture that you can mould together fill up the mini muffin hole half full and press down
- Repeat step 8 in each hole and then return to fill up the holes again
- Leave them to dry
To use your Toilet Bombs
These are a great way to freshen the bathroom naturally. I use an old storage jar (I always keep good size jars as I never know when I will need them!) and fill up with the dried toilet bombs.
This is then placed on the window sill in the bathroom or a shelf and when the bathroom needs a little freshening up Pop it into the toilet bowl and you have a fresh smelling bathroom.
Pin it for later
Ideal size for sharing on Facebook
Latest posts by Cerys Parker (see all)
- Savoury Apple Recipes for Autumn Family Meals and Entertaining - September 13, 2016
- 2-Ingredient Quick and Easy Apple Scented Playdough Recipe - September 12, 2016
- Who Lives in the Forest? A Forest School Activity for Kids. - September 8, 2016
- Weekly Virtual Book Club for Kids 2016 – 2017 - September 7, 2016
- 5 reasons why Sandringham Camping and Caravan Club Site is great for families - August 31, 2016