Our first Julia Donaldson book that we read to J was The Gruffalo illustrated by Alex Scheffler it still remains a firm favourite for bedtime and any time.
The Gruffalo is the tale of a little mouse who goes for a walk in the Deep Dark Woods where it meets a variety of animals who want to eat the little mouse, but the mouse has an idea the Gruffalo…
With wonderful Rhymes and Rhythm written by Julia Donaldson and amazing drawings by Alex Scheffler it’s got to be on your toddler, preschooler and older childs book shelves (although ours is mostly in the book box of frequently read books).
All this month I will be sharing lots of Julia Donaldson books as this months Virtual Book Club for Kids spotlight author is Julia Donaldson.
Read this next
Latest posts by Cerys Parker (see all)
- Summer Evenings – Family Fun Ideas with Young Kids - May 22, 2015
- Be Street Smart with Solar – #BritainsBrightestStreet - May 21, 2015
- Letter Recognition Flowers - May 20, 2015
- 10 Nursery Rhymes to sing with Babies and Toddlers - May 19, 2015
- Easy Bruschetta recipe to make with Kids - May 19, 2015