Our first Julia Donaldson book that we read to J was The Gruffalo illustrated by Alex Scheffler it still remains a firm favourite for bedtime and any time.
The Gruffalo is the tale of a little mouse who goes for a walk in the Deep Dark Woods where it meets a variety of animals who want to eat the little mouse, but the mouse has an idea the Gruffalo…
With wonderful Rhymes and Rhythm written by Julia Donaldson and amazing drawings by Alex Scheffler it’s got to be on your toddler, preschooler and older childs book shelves (although ours is mostly in the book box of frequently read books).
All this month I will be sharing lots of Julia Donaldson books as this months Virtual Book Club for Kids spotlight author is Julia Donaldson.
Read this next
Latest posts by Cerys Parker (see all)
- Toasted Oats, Mango, Blueberries and Yoghurt – Jamie Oliver’s Everyday Super Food! - October 2, 2015
- Why a villa is a smart choice for an Orlando Vacation - October 2, 2015
- Pumpkin Seed Place Value – Subtraction Math Facts - October 1, 2015
- Crockpot Apple and Cinnamon Rice Pudding - September 29, 2015
- Slimey Limey Lemonade – Halloween Recipe - September 28, 2015