It’s party season for J at the moment and one of the things that we keep getting in the party bags are mini sugar coated chocolates (smarties, asda own and M&M’s) – now I don’t mind a few occasionally but with 3 parties in 1 week there was a lot of chocolate flowing around so I decided to use them for some fun as well as a little education.
What you need
Some sugar coated chocolates
A paper plate
Contains of various colours we used our ELC Stacking cups
How the fun happens
I emptied the packet of sweets onto the paper plate and then we enjoyed all the brown ones (the stacking cups didn’t come in brown).
Then I gave J the various cups and we said the colours. I then said find all the red and put in the red pot – he looked through – we had puzzled looks over pink, red and orange which all looked fairly similar especially when hot little hands had got in on the action.
He sorted them into cups and then I said he could eat them – but no he didn’t want to – he emptied them all back on to the plate and started again eating a couple of them each time. The activity lasted until the last one was eaten he got into the game and would say YEAH every time he put a new one in a cup that was the right colour.
Read this next
Latest posts by Cerys Parker (see all)
- Toasted Oats, Mango, Blueberries and Yoghurt – Jamie Oliver’s Everyday Super Food! - October 2, 2015
- Why a villa is a smart choice for an Orlando Vacation - October 2, 2015
- Pumpkin Seed Place Value – Subtraction Math Facts - October 1, 2015
- Crockpot Apple and Cinnamon Rice Pudding - September 29, 2015
- Slimey Limey Lemonade – Halloween Recipe - September 28, 2015