As I said last week we are focusing in this first week of Advent on the story of The Nativity and have been reading our Nativity Book and looking at the story. So using some Nativity Stencils from Baker Ross I decided we would make some story sequencing cards to go over the Nativity Story again in a different way.
We used crayons to colour in our stencils on white card. To keep the stencils in place I added a small piece of low tack sticky tape so that it wouldn’t slip whilst J coloured them in. As he coloured we talked about the images and what part they were in the story.
I then added text to the cards – although J can’t read yet, I want him to get used to “reading” text in different situations and also seeing me writing is good for pre-writing skills for him.
We then sat down and put the story into order. This is something that we have been doing again and again and I will be laminating the cards so that we can use them next year as well.
How are you reviewing The Nativity with your children this Christmas? Also come back on Friday when we will be sharing another Nativity Craft
Read this next
Latest posts by Cerys Parker (see all)
- Build your own lunch – alternative to sandwich lunch box idea - October 7, 2015
- Toasted Oats, Mango, Blueberries and Yoghurt – Jamie Oliver’s Everyday Super Food! - October 2, 2015
- Why a villa is a smart choice for an Orlando Vacation - October 2, 2015
- Pumpkin Seed Place Value – Subtraction Math Facts - October 1, 2015
- Crockpot Apple and Cinnamon Rice Pudding - September 29, 2015