I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more information about this please see our disclosure policy.
The sun is shinning and I’ve been inspired to hunt through our craft kits for some Spring and Easter themed stuff to get creative with the kids. At the bottom of the supplies were some plastic Easter Eggs in pale green for some reason the kids didn’t want to play with them last year so they’ve kept. Also were some orange forks (yes I really do keep random stuff for crafting!) so we got creative with a very quick and easy Easter Craft to make some “Carrot” maracas.
Materials needed for the Spring Themed Easter Egg Maracas
Plastic Easter Eggs – Green
Seeds or Beads
2 Orange Plastic Forks per egg
Making the “Carrot” Maracas
Fill the Plastic Eggs with some seeds and/or beads – we used a mix of pea, beans and corn seeds from the green house left over from last year.
Thread the ribbon through the holes in the top of the egg (if your plastic egg doesn’t have any holes then you may need to create some. Secure with a knot or sticky tape.
Close and seal the egg with some sticky tape
Then place the forks holding the egg and use sticky tape to secure – TIP secure at the bottom as well.
PLAY your music.
Latest posts by Cerys Parker (see all)
- Savoury Apple Recipes for Autumn Family Meals and Entertaining - September 13, 2016
- 2-Ingredient Quick and Easy Apple Scented Playdough Recipe - September 12, 2016
- Who Lives in the Forest? A Forest School Activity for Kids. - September 8, 2016
- Weekly Virtual Book Club for Kids 2016 – 2017 - September 7, 2016
- 5 reasons why Sandringham Camping and Caravan Club Site is great for families - August 31, 2016