I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more information about this please see our disclosure policy.
Sensory Play helps children learn about their environment and also as a child becomes older can help them learn other subjects by catering for their different learning styles. This weeks features from last weeks Tuesday Tots are all about sensory play with dough – with a mix of play dough, cloud dough and other types these are easy to get hold of of create at home and perfect for play and fun.
Starting for with some Fairy Garden small world play with homemade gold play dough from Fantastic Fun and Learning.
Edible dough is great with young children – and when it’s as simple to make as this 2-ingredient bread dough from Danya Banya it’s perfect for busy mums.
Salt dough is one of our favourite doughs and this idea for salt dough mosaic tiles from Life Lesson Plans looks easy to create and fun for kids of all ages.
Foam dough looks great and I love the extra sensory elements of colour and scent in this raspberry foam dough that Crayon Box Chronicles has create bunnies from.
Cloud dough is fun and can be very messy – over on Munchkins and Moms they have been having some sensory fun with rainbows and cloud dough and B-Inspired Mama has been using cloud dough to help bring Ancient Egypt to life on the sensory table.
Welcome back to another week of Tuesday Tots – each week the linky is hosted on Rainy Day Mum, Learn with Play at Home and One Perfect Day – remember to pop by and check out the other sites each week to see what we are featuring.
Latest posts by Cerys Parker (see all)
- Savoury Apple Recipes for Autumn Family Meals and Entertaining - September 13, 2016
- 2-Ingredient Quick and Easy Apple Scented Playdough Recipe - September 12, 2016
- Who Lives in the Forest? A Forest School Activity for Kids. - September 8, 2016
- Weekly Virtual Book Club for Kids 2016 – 2017 - September 7, 2016
- 5 reasons why Sandringham Camping and Caravan Club Site is great for families - August 31, 2016