Up! will take your child’s love of blocks and building, and take them far and wide across the curriculum.
30+ projects across math, literacy, science, art, and play, Up! shows you how to support passion-led, project-based, hands-on learning!
What you’ll get in this book
- 30+ hands-on projects that invite your child to explore all things Up!
- guidance on how to support your child’s interests, and how to help them expand their exploration and learning across the curriculum. This book is all about hands-on, project-based, passion-led learning.
- multisensory activities for children aged 4 to 10
- resources for parents and teachers, at home or in the classroom, with ideas for indoor and outdoor learning
- material lists, step-by-step instructions, and full colour photographs of every activity
- suggestions for variations and extensions so you can adapt the activities to suit your child
The book includes a wide range of learning activities including:
- Ideas to set up and develop block play
- Activities that use blocks for math lessons, with number games, measuring activities, and shape-building challenges
- Construction play invitations with sensory elements and imaginary play, to develop language, spelling, and storytelling, and to promote co-operation and collaboration
- Art projects on the theme of Up! including Caulder-inspired kinetic mobiles and upright weaving
- Prompts that encourage creative thinking and innovation: exploring the possibilities of rocks, ice, marshmallows, customising blocks with new designs, and using huge cardboard boxes that can build structures bigger than you are
- Science projects that invite your child to think about all the other things that go Up! including homemade rockets, airplanes, parachutes, pulleys and constellations
and 100 printable pages including shape challenge cards, build challenge cards, and a set of world architecture prints.