Christmas for me as a child wasn’t just about the Santa stuff, we also learnt about the Nativity and this is something that I really want J and T to learn about Christmas as well, the true meaning behind it. So we’re doing some activities and crafts to go with the Nativity story and what Christmas really means.
We have a Usbourne Christmas Story Book which takes the story down to J’s level and is reinforcing the preparations the preschool are doing for the Christmas Nativity next week. Today we sat down with the book and read through it and then got crafty with a Nativity Wreath Kit from Yellow Moon.
The kit has 2 different wreaths to create and J decided to create a circle wreath. It was great as we went through the characters and made each up we were able to talk about their role in the Nativity.
We’re going to add the Wreath to our Christmas Window as well as some other crafts and activities over the next few weeks.
Counting down to Christmas Week 6 – Nativity
It’s week 6 of Counting down to Christmas and it’s time to explore the Nativity. This weeks cohosts are
If you would like to join in and have a Nativity post or craft we would love for you to come and link up over the Festive Season.
Read this next
Latest posts by Cerys Parker (see all)
- DIY Sensory Letters – Cursive Alphabet - October 7, 2015
- Build your own lunch – alternative to sandwich lunch box idea - October 7, 2015
- Toasted Oats, Mango, Blueberries and Yoghurt – Jamie Oliver’s Everyday Super Food! - October 2, 2015
- Why a villa is a smart choice for an Orlando Vacation - October 2, 2015
- Pumpkin Seed Place Value – Subtraction Math Facts - October 1, 2015