I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more information about this please see our disclosure policy.
We’re almost half way through our Cooking with Kids A to Z and this week it is K for Kiwi. One of the reasons I started the series was to get my kids to try new food and also learn some cooking skills. Kiwi is one of the foods that the kids had never tried and I needed some way that I could get them to prepare it in a fun way that would also encourage them to eat it. As the temperature has heated up here it seemed an ideal time to cover some of their 5 a day and get them to create an all natural fruit ice pops so we came up with Kiwi Rainbow Ice Pops.
Ingredients for Kiwi Rainbow Ice Pops
100g of Raspberries
Orange and Mango Juice
Making Kiwi Rainbow Ice Pops
Peel and slice up the kiwi’s into small sections.
Then using a potato masher smash them to a pulp. Add the kiwi pulp to the ice pop mould filling it about 1/3 full and place a ice pop stick in the middle then put in the freezer.
With the raspberries, after washing the potato masher smash these up as well.
Once the kiwi is frozen add the raspberries to the ice pop moulds filling them up to 2/3rds full and return to the freezer.
When the raspberries are also frozen top up the molds with some Orange and Mango juice and return to the freeze to freeze your rainbow pops. Enjoy on a hot sunny day
- 2 Kiwi's
- 100g Raspberries
- Orange and Mango Juice
- Peel the kiwi
- Using a potato masher mash them to a pulp
- Fill up in an ice pop mold to one third full with the pulp and add a ice pop stick
- Place in freezer
- Smash the raspberries to a pulp
- When the kiwi is frozen add the raspberries to around ⅔ full
- Return to the freezer
- With the raspberries frozen top up the molds with the orange and mango juice and freeze.
More K is for Kiwi recipes from the Cooking with Kids Bloggers
Kiwi Ginger Snaps Mini Tarts – The Educators’ Spin On It
Frozen Fruit Kabobs – The Sugar Aunts
Fruit Smoothie – The Madhouse
Fruit Salsa Recipe – Still Playing School
100% Fruit Rainbow Ice Pops – Rainy Day Mum
Latest posts by Cerys Parker (see all)
- Back to School Essentials for Mums - August 18, 2016
- Tie Dye T-shirts to make with kids - August 18, 2016
- Felixstowe with Kids – Oh we do like to be beside the Sea Side - August 9, 2016
- Designed for the beach - August 8, 2016
- School Days – School Uniform that Lasts - August 1, 2016