I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more information about this please see our disclosure policy.
Just wait while I do a little dance around the room – last week was HOT HOT HOT and sunny in the UK (the week after I wrote the 101+ ideas for a Rainy Day – typical!)
So we got out in the garden and I set up some sensory play in the shade – now I will put my hands up and say that Yes I do do Messy Play inside the house but I have to sit on my hands to stop myself going “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo don’t move off the messy mat” etc… but in the garden I’m much more relaxed.
I set up the paddling pool as well which was great and then put a messy mat underneath one of our trees in the shade and set up mixing some instant pudding and adding some ice cubes to it. With a tray set up I set it on the mat and watched what happen.
T was content to mix up the ice cubes with the pudding and then take them to the pool. J on the other hands LOVED it – he discovered putting his feet in it
Sitting in it and then sliding on it – remember from your own childhood the joy of sliding down a plastic sheet with water on it – well the instant pudding and ice cubes create the same effect on the messy mat and J and in the end T spent a lot of time sliding along it and ending up bumping onto their bottoms laughing – then running and jumping in the pool to clean off and get wet again.
Latest posts by Cerys Parker (see all)
- Savoury Apple Recipes for Autumn Family Meals and Entertaining - September 13, 2016
- 2-Ingredient Quick and Easy Apple Scented Playdough Recipe - September 12, 2016
- Who Lives in the Forest? A Forest School Activity for Kids. - September 8, 2016
- Weekly Virtual Book Club for Kids 2016 – 2017 - September 7, 2016
- 5 reasons why Sandringham Camping and Caravan Club Site is great for families - August 31, 2016