Small world and role play are fantastic fun for kids to experience whether in a care setting or at home they can be simple to set up and you can focus on your child’s interests and ideas to explore further. Here are some fun ideas for imaginative and dramatic play from last weeks Tuesday Tots Link Up.
Dinosaurs are great for focusing some play with kids and over on Adventures at Home with Mum they have some ideas for outdoor small world play with dinosaurs. Home Ec @ Home combined dinosaurs with playdough for some imaginative small world play.
Bringing books alive through play is a good way to start to help children develop comprehension skills and over at treading on Lego they are playing with Squash and a squeeze by Julia Donaldson.
Play with preschoolers can form part of a unit of study – over on Unschool the teacher they are creating small world play around the theme of Africa check out the little Mount Kilimanjaro included.
This time of year bringing seasonal play inside is fun and over on What to do with the children they have some Frozen small world play.
Welcome back to Tuesday Tots – please come and link up your favourite activities, crafts and play ideas for 5’s and under from the last week and your archives.
Read this next
Latest posts by Cerys Parker (see all)
- Toasted Oats, Mango, Blueberries and Yoghurt – Jamie Oliver’s Everyday Super Food! - October 2, 2015
- Why a villa is a smart choice for an Orlando Vacation - October 2, 2015
- Pumpkin Seed Place Value – Subtraction Math Facts - October 1, 2015
- Crockpot Apple and Cinnamon Rice Pudding - September 29, 2015
- Slimey Limey Lemonade – Halloween Recipe - September 28, 2015