I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more information about this please see our disclosure policy.
One of the areas of Math that can be very hands on is that of measuring – whether you are ordering/sorting objects, using language of size, weighing, length etc. Here’s 3 fun ideas that you can do at home for some hands on math activities for measuring.
First off some outdoor measuring fun from Rubberboots and elf shoes – this looks so much fun. I’m going to be doing this later this week on one of our walks.
Cooking provides some great hands on measuring activities this post from Yummy Inspirations has some great Math concepts.
Next a resource to printout for some hands on ordering that can be done when you need some quiet time/down time for the kids from Gift of Curiosity.
Tuesday Tots is held weekly on Rainy Day Mum, Learn with Play at Home and One Perfect Day. Each week we feature posts that have been linked up the week before as well as pin to our Tuesday Tots Pinterest Board.
If this is your first time linking up to Tuesday Tots please pop on over and read the Tuesday Tots guidelines (there aren’t many).
Latest posts by Cerys Parker (see all)
- Savoury Apple Recipes for Autumn Family Meals and Entertaining - September 13, 2016
- 2-Ingredient Quick and Easy Apple Scented Playdough Recipe - September 12, 2016
- Who Lives in the Forest? A Forest School Activity for Kids. - September 8, 2016
- Weekly Virtual Book Club for Kids 2016 – 2017 - September 7, 2016
- 5 reasons why Sandringham Camping and Caravan Club Site is great for families - August 31, 2016