Over 40 Easter Crafts and Activities for Toddlers
It’s Easter Time and as it continues to Snow we look forward to Spring – Easter seems to be a turning point and even though Toddlers may not get the full meaning of Easter it’s time to start to introduce them to Easter with crafts and Activities that they can enjoy. So here we go over 40 Easter Activities for Toddlers and you to enjoy together this year.
Celebrate Easter by sending a handmade card from your toddlers (remembering to keep a copy yourself for their memory boxes as well of course).
- Some Simple Easter Cards with Chicks and Bunnies from Mummy Mummy Mum!
- Thumbprints are perfect for toddlers and you to create together and what better way than turning them into little chicks on an Easter Card from Red Ted Art
Talk to and teach toddlers about the Easter Story by creating some cross crafts that will help them to relate the story to things that they can do and understand.
- This egg carton cross is perfect for little hands to make from Housing a Forest
- Create a cross sun catcher like this one from Train Up a Child – toddlers love playing with the contact paper and the effect that it creates
Eggs are a sign of birth and are so ingrained with Easter that we eat them, decorate them and talk about them, with them being a sign of Spring as well it’s wonderful to get little hands involved. If the eggs mentioned in the post are real or blown eggs why not swap them for plastic or polystyrene eggs if your toddler is at the rough handling phase still.
- With little hands why not make your egg for decorating on a large scale and a paper mache egg like this one from The Imagination Tree is perfect for toddlers to make with you this Easter.
- Create some Eric Carle inspired Eggs from Red Ted Art
- Some Drip Art paint eggs from Red Ted Art
- If you’ve never dyed eggs before (I haven’t with kids) then these tips for dying Easter Eggs from Train Up a Child are perfect for you and your toddlers to do.
Whether it’s making eggs, bunnies or spring animals crafting this time of year is fun for toddlers to do with you and is a perfect activity to connect and spend time together.
- Decorated Easter Eggs a perfect Toddler and you activity to create a garland or to decorate your home with.
- Spring Lambs we made these last Spring with 2 under 3’s perfect for your older toddler to make with you and will take you through to Summer as the lambs will still be seen in the farms.
- A variation on the Spring Lambs with a 3D Lamb with a cotton wool coat version from Red Ted Art
- A simple idea for an Easter Chick from Sun Hats and Wellie Boots would be great to make with young toddlers as a Mummy and Me activity
- Who delivers the Easter Eggs in your house – it’s a bunny in ours and this cotton tip painted Easter Bunny is perfect for practising fine motor skills and lots of fun too from Toddler Approved.
- Another way to craft is to create some bubble wrap print Easter Eggs like these from No Time For Flashcards
- Create some fun decorated Easter eggs like these from The Educator’s Spin On It (Check out their Easter Book Recommendations as well)
- Create a colourful Easter Egg Garland with some Bright Spin Art Easter Eggs from The Imagination Tree
- With 8 easy crafts for toddlers this post from Craftulate has some fun ideas to try this Easter
- Create a textured egg to go into your Easter Banner like this Textured Egg Painting from Toddler Approved
- Whether your eggs will be real or chocolate this Easter why not decorate them with some fancy hats from Mummy Mummy Mum!
- An alternative to decorating your eggs with some Splatter Art from Hands on As We Grow
- A slight variation of the splatter is some drip painted Easter Eggs which are perfect for Toddlers from Toddler Approved
- Although the Spring sunshine to enter through these gorgeous Egg Sun Catchers from Twodaloo
- Create some Crayon resist Easter Egg Decorations to decorate your room from De Tout De Rien
- Happy Hooligans uses toliet rolls to create some Peeps
- With 5 fun activities for little ones these from The Chirping Moms are perfect for your Toddler Easter Crafting this year
- Have some fun with some absorbtion art from Train up a Child creating some Easter Egg decorations
- Every child needs an Easter Basket – why not help them create their own from paper plates like this Paper Plate Easter Basket from Toddler Approved
Easter Cooking, Baking and Food
Whether it’s cooking, baking or the Easter Candy toddlers love helping you with Easter Treats each year.
- As a child our Easter’s just weren’t complete without some chocolate Easter Nests and with only 2 ingredients our Easter Egg Nests are perfect to make with toddlers
- Our Easter No Egg Cookies are perfect for toddlers to make as the dough has no eggs in them if they are in the eat everything phase they can eat the dough with no harm coming to them.
Easter Fun and Play Ideas
You don’t just have to craft or cook to have fun with toddler this Easter check out these fun Easter Activities and play ideas for your little ones.
- Cracking Egg Painting from Teach Preschool – I am now hunting for some plastic Easter eggs
- Try a variation on the Easter Egg Hunt with an Easter Egg Hunt in the Bath from Growing a Jeweled Rose
- One of my favourite things to eat at Easter is hot cross buns and I love this playdough play from Sun Hats and Wellie Boots
- Put together an Easter Egg sensory bin like this one from Train Up a Child
- Make Bath time for your kids Easter Fun as well with this Easter Bunny Bath from Bath Activities for Kids
- Make some homemade playdough and put together some Easter Playdough fun from One Perfect Day
- Turns your plastic eggs into some musical toys with this Egg Shakers from Mama Smiles
- Use your plastic Easter Eggs to create some colour sorting activities for kids see how at B-Inspired Mama
- Did you know that you could make your plastic eggs glow? Find out how from Train Up a Child and go on a Glowing Easter Egg Hunt in your bath
- Celebrate Easter with 6 fun Easter Egg Activities for toddlers from Toddler Approved with a range of crafts, maths and fun this is perfect for inspiration of activities to do over the long weekend.
What are your favourite Easter Activities for Toddlers? Please share in the comments below
Latest posts by Cerys Parker (see all)
- Fantastic Winter Books for Toddlers and Preschoolers - January 19, 2017
- The BIG LIST of Dinosaur Crafts and Activities for Toddlers and Preschoolers - January 18, 2017
- REALLY Easy Birthday Cake Recipe for Busy Mums - January 17, 2017