Hello and welcome to Rainy Day Mum if you've enjoyed our post why not come and join us chatting on Facebook and pinning ideas for the kids and mums on Rainbow Creations in the mail and it included some bells and ribbon in I knew exactly what I wanted to make for J and T – some Dancing bells.
What you need to make the DIY Dancing Bells
Hook and Eye
How to make DIY Dancing Bells
- Cut the ribbon to a suitable length – I gave myself extra length for each section but out of the strip I have made 3 sets of dancing bells.
- Arrange the bells in an order – the bells mustn’t be touching (if they touch then they don’t seem to make a noise)
- With each bell I placed it on the ribbon and sewed it in place (in the pictures I’m using a white thread to make it easy to see but with the other sets of dancing bells I have used a brown thread to match the ribbon.
- I must say now my hand sewing isn’t very neat at all – but if you were to use a co-ordinated thread then it wouldn’t matter as it would be hidden in the ribbon.
- Once I had 3 bells in place I attached the hook and eye to the smallest end of the ribbon by sewing it in place – To attach it I placed the rough hard edge on the end of the ribbon on the opposite side as the bells.
- Once attached I went and measured it around J and T’s ankles and marked where the soft part of the hook and eye needed to go – because they are very similar in size there wasn’t much difference in size between then and I was able to use the same size for both to use.
- I placed the soft side of the hook and eye on the same side as the bells and then sewed it into place. I cut off excess ribbon.
- Then we danced
Disclaimer – I received the bells and ribbon from Creative Rainbow to review but the thoughts and instructions are all my own opinions