Day 2 of the 30 days of Hands on Play and today’s challenge is
Spend [at least] 15 minutes today building a fort with the kids, letting them lead. Play and let their imagination run with it.
When we did this before I used cushions and sheets in the lounge and set up a little fort for us where we read books. This time I let J take the lead and where J goes T follows.
I gave choices of where he wanted to play – he decided in his bedroom (not a normal place for play for us at all) and I said we’re going to build a fort. Well the fort building worked but it wasn’t a fort for us – instead J decided it was the rain forest and a large bean bag from his room was a mountain.
He got out his safari and dinosaurs and set them up under the rain forest roof and we got playing. T joined in and then decided it was more fun to run around our fort with a pterodactyl roaring and then dragging the box into the fort and pretending to be in a boat.
We played for ages and when tired put it away to play another day and sat on his bed reading his books.
Read this next
Latest posts by Cerys Parker (see all)
- Digital Journalling with Kids - August 27, 2015
- Superhero Pattern Stones - August 20, 2015
- Chicka Chicka 123 – Multiplication Trees - August 13, 2015
- Why to read to your child when they can read to you? - August 10, 2015
- Virtual Book Club for Kids – 2015 – 2016 - August 7, 2015