I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more information about this please see our disclosure policy.
Day 2 of the 30 days of Hands on Play and today’s challenge is
Spend [at least] 15 minutes today building a fort with the kids, letting them lead. Play and let their imagination run with it.
When we did this before I used cushions and sheets in the lounge and set up a little fort for us where we read books. This time I let J take the lead and where J goes T follows.
I gave choices of where he wanted to play – he decided in his bedroom (not a normal place for play for us at all) and I said we’re going to build a fort. Well the fort building worked but it wasn’t a fort for us – instead J decided it was the rain forest and a large bean bag from his room was a mountain.
He got out his safari and dinosaurs and set them up under the rain forest roof and we got playing. T joined in and then decided it was more fun to run around our fort with a pterodactyl roaring and then dragging the box into the fort and pretending to be in a boat.
We played for ages and when tired put it away to play another day and sat on his bed reading his books.
Latest posts by Cerys Parker (see all)
- Savoury Apple Recipes for Autumn Family Meals and Entertaining - September 13, 2016
- 2-Ingredient Quick and Easy Apple Scented Playdough Recipe - September 12, 2016
- Who Lives in the Forest? A Forest School Activity for Kids. - September 8, 2016
- Weekly Virtual Book Club for Kids 2016 – 2017 - September 7, 2016
- 5 reasons why Sandringham Camping and Caravan Club Site is great for families - August 31, 2016