I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more information about this please see our disclosure policy.
Yes I’m feeling a bit like the woman in the picture – it’s 3 weeks to Christmas Day and ummmm….. I have brought hardly any presents my cards although brought (Yes I did do my 10 things last week) haven’t been written yet and there is a bubble of panic starting to form at the pit of my stomach. So here this weeks plan of action for Christmas to run smoothly this year.
Christmas Planning 3 weeks to go
- Write your Christmas Cards to be posted – my husband and I spend an evening writing the cards. I write the cards, he writes the enevlopes and sticks on the stamps we then post them with the kids the next day.
- Now write your Christmas Cards to be hand delivered – the following evening we write the cards by hand and then at the next weekend take a walk with the kids at dusk to post them to our neighbours and friends within walking distance looking at the lights as we go.
- Get your Christmas Presents sorted – buy the main presents at least and if you can wrap as soon as you get home. I like to be organised to some degree and when the presents are for relatives that we will see before Christmas I put those presents in a bag with a post-it note on it and keep them all together.
- Get your rough ideas for meals over the festive period list that you wrote last week and this week we are going to start to firm this up and make some shopping lists. Start off with the days when you won’t leave the house – for us that is Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day (yes it’s a strange day that we have in the UK that is the day after Christmas Day) and plan what you will eat those days now write a shopping list.
- Head to the shops and buy from your food shopping list anything that will last – chocolates, nuts, basics for the freezer and sauces that you may not want to make yourself.
- If you have guests coming then get out bed linen, towels that they will use and wash them, I love tumble drying them as well as then they are extra soft and fluffy and especially for guests I try and iron the sheets. I then store them in the laundry cupboard with a spritz of laundry spray and they are sorted for when guests arrive.
Activities for the kids to do this week
Join us each day as we celebrate counting down to Christmas on our facebook page with a quick craft for kids to form a picture advent over the festive period
24 amazing bloggers are getting together again this year for a Creative Christmas Countdown, organized by Alissa from Creative with Kids and Maggy at Red Ted Art – starting over on Red Ted Art, A Mom with a Lesson Plan, The Imagination Tree and today Angelique Felix.com each day we are sharing something creative and family friendly fun to do with your kids.
If you are looking for even more ideas then Tuesday Tots is already filled with over 50 ideas this morning.
Latest posts by Cerys Parker (see all)
- Back to School Essentials for Mums - August 18, 2016
- Tie Dye T-shirts to make with kids - August 18, 2016
- Felixstowe with Kids – Oh we do like to be beside the Sea Side - August 9, 2016
- Designed for the beach - August 8, 2016
- School Days – School Uniform that Lasts - August 1, 2016