It’s the first day of Autumn and what better way to celebrate than with back to basics L is for leaves. As the leaves begin to fall there are so many fun things that you can do with them – check back in the week for my roundup of ways to play with leaves.
Play in the leaves
Run through the leaves, rake them up into piles, jump in the piles of leaves, throw them into the air and rain them down on you. Have fun with the leaves out in the garden, park and woods. This lovely post from The Imagination Tree is full of wonderful ideas on playing in leaves as well as celebrating Autumn.
Craft with leaves
Add them to pictures to create textures, make them into leaf crowns like the one above from Red Ted Art.
Read this next
Latest posts by Cerys Parker (see all)
- Summer Crafts for Busy Mums - May 27, 2015
- Squashed Tomato Pasta Sauce - May 26, 2015
- Virtual Book Club for Kids – Summer Camp 2015 - May 25, 2015
- Summer Evenings – Family Fun Ideas with Young Kids - May 22, 2015
- Be Street Smart with Solar – #BritainsBrightestStreet - May 21, 2015