Welcome back to the letter I in back to basics and this week it’s I is for Ice. Ice is so easy to make and your children can have loads of fun with it.
Sensory Pudding Play
Messy play may not be for everyone but doing it in the garden on a summer’s day will let the children cool down when you have to clean them off with the hose plus adding ice to the mix makes for some great cooling down fun.
Freezing objects in ice to melt and discover
This is a fun activity from The Imagination Tree using things around your home to discover objects in frozen blocks.
Painting with coloured ice cubes
Some great artistic fun painting with coloured ice cubes – you can create them with food colouring or like The Chocolate Muffin Tree with Poster/Tempura Paints.
Read this next
Latest posts by Cerys Parker (see all)
- Summer Evenings – Family Fun Ideas with Young Kids - May 22, 2015
- Be Street Smart with Solar – #BritainsBrightestStreet - May 21, 2015
- Letter Recognition Flowers - May 20, 2015
- 10 Nursery Rhymes to sing with Babies and Toddlers - May 19, 2015
- Easy Bruschetta recipe to make with Kids - May 19, 2015