I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more information about this please see our disclosure policy.
Welcome back to the letter I in back to basics and this week it’s I is for Ice. Ice is so easy to make and your children can have loads of fun with it.
Sensory Pudding Play
Messy play may not be for everyone but doing it in the garden on a summer’s day will let the children cool down when you have to clean them off with the hose plus adding ice to the mix makes for some great cooling down fun.
Freezing objects in ice to melt and discover
This is a fun activity from The Imagination Tree using things around your home to discover objects in frozen blocks.
Painting with coloured ice cubes
Some great artistic fun painting with coloured ice cubes – you can create them with food colouring or like The Chocolate Muffin Tree with Poster/Tempura Paints.
Latest posts by Cerys Parker (see all)
- Microwave Salt Dough Rainbow Fish - May 26, 2016
- Keep Reading this Summer with Storybook Summer - May 25, 2016
- 100 Fun and Easy Learning Games for Kids – Supporting Learning at Home - May 24, 2016
- D.I.Y Nature Study Kit for Kids - May 17, 2016
- Spring and Summer Family Picnic Time Competition - May 16, 2016