It’s not an ideas post so much as some suggestions friends are amazing for Toddler/Preschoolers and older children. Don’t expect playing together as we would think of it at first – a lot will be play side by side.
As they get older there will be more and more play together. J is at the stage of starting to play games with his friends – they play Hide and Seek (but with their own rules to it), Football/Soccer – but hand balls and running holding the ball are part of the toddler rules, What’s the Time Mr Wolf. At this age it’s all about running around in their games.
J has spent the week telling me “Who is my best friend Mummy” and when I ask who his reply “My best friend is T” I love it – they are starting to play together the same sort of games that J plays with friends of a similar age although instead of T joining in her way is to run around screaming.
This week arrange a play date with some friends – at your house, at the park, swimming pool, splash park, zoo and sit and watch your children interact and how it’s changing month by month.
Read this next
Latest posts by Cerys Parker (see all)
- Summer Crafts for Busy Mums - May 27, 2015
- Squashed Tomato Pasta Sauce - May 26, 2015
- Virtual Book Club for Kids – Summer Camp 2015 - May 25, 2015
- Summer Evenings – Family Fun Ideas with Young Kids - May 22, 2015
- Be Street Smart with Solar – #BritainsBrightestStreet - May 21, 2015