I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more information about this please see our disclosure policy.
Another of our Baby Play Series – and one of T’s favourite things Putting Things In and Taking them out again.
This can get very annoying especially at Tidy Up Time when she will take out everything that we had just put away but I try and remind myself how good this is for her. Like the transferring of Rice Krispies we did the other week this play is helping with development of the muscles needed for writing in the future both within the hand and within the arm.
We’re using the old baby bath (it’s our indoor water play area for when we’ve had enough of cold and rain outside but still want to play with water) and some of the bean bags that I made. T doesn’t need much encouragement to join in with the fun but I started it off by emptying the bath of the bags and then starting to put them in.
She quickly followed and then when they were all in she would take them out again. She loves clapping and when she got out more than 2 she would put them down and clap herself – it didn’t matter if it was 3 bags she had pulled out or a huge arm full she was just happy to have more than her 2 hands would hold.
The put in and put out also turned into an impromptu game of bean bag peekaboo with me as well.
Latest posts by Cerys Parker (see all)
- Savoury Apple Recipes for Autumn Family Meals and Entertaining - September 13, 2016
- 2-Ingredient Quick and Easy Apple Scented Playdough Recipe - September 12, 2016
- Who Lives in the Forest? A Forest School Activity for Kids. - September 8, 2016
- Weekly Virtual Book Club for Kids 2016 – 2017 - September 7, 2016
- 5 reasons why Sandringham Camping and Caravan Club Site is great for families - August 31, 2016