I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more information about this please see our disclosure policy.
I’m so excited to be joining in with 100 days of play today – hosted by Sun Scholars and Life at the Zoo over 100 days bloggers from around the world are sharing ideas for play. So for today we’re getting you down on the floor and having a floor safari with your kids.
We’re big fans of animals and have a box that we brought down our car mat and set up a mini safari for the animals. Our animal’s come with some vets and park rangers (especially for my brother who worked as a Park Ranger in the USA).
With the animals in their own pens it was open to J and T’s imagination to take it where they wanted.
The crocodile escaped and was captured by the vet and animal keeper.
Our visitors on the safari ranged from princesses to characters from In the Night Garden – I just love the way that children can find a way that they are just accepted.
Today get down on the floor get out some toys mix them up with others and see where the fun takes you and your kids – it doesn’t have to be for long – you can give them the starting point and then let them get on with it or follow through and let them lead you in the play that they wanted to do.
New ideas shared each day from 4/1 – 7/20.
Latest posts by Cerys Parker (see all)
- Savoury Apple Recipes for Autumn Family Meals and Entertaining - September 13, 2016
- 2-Ingredient Quick and Easy Apple Scented Playdough Recipe - September 12, 2016
- Who Lives in the Forest? A Forest School Activity for Kids. - September 8, 2016
- Weekly Virtual Book Club for Kids 2016 – 2017 - September 7, 2016
- 5 reasons why Sandringham Camping and Caravan Club Site is great for families - August 31, 2016