I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more information about this please see our disclosure policy.
Plants fascinate kids – the colours, how they seem to suddenly appear from nowhere in the spring, the way they change over the season and the fruits and seeds that they produce. Here’s 10 Plant Activities to create, play and learn with.
In the past we have enjoyed reading the book The Carrot Seed and had great fun creating with out – Stir of Wonder has been recently reading it and done some hands on maths activities as well as a simple science activity to learn with plants.
At the moment we’re spending a lot of time planting seeds getting our vegetable garden growing and I love how P is for preschool explored seeds this week.
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is a fantastic book with great illustrations and this week Buggy and Buddy and Frogs Snails and Puppy Dog Tails have been bringing it to life with an alphabet tree play set and a playdough fun play set.
Learning more about plants in depth with printables can help visual learners and Living Monterssori has a list of FREE Botany Printables ideal for learning more about plants.
Get creative and create a Spring Blossom Tree like 3 Dinosaurs did – I love how they changed the paper so that it would be “Stained Glass Like” or you could mix some learning and crafting together and create a Family Tree like we did.
Welcome back to another week of Tuesday Tots – please come and link up crafts, activities, play ideas, book recommendations and family fun for all ages of kids.
Latest posts by Cerys Parker (see all)
- Savoury Apple Recipes for Autumn Family Meals and Entertaining - September 13, 2016
- 2-Ingredient Quick and Easy Apple Scented Playdough Recipe - September 12, 2016
- Who Lives in the Forest? A Forest School Activity for Kids. - September 8, 2016
- Weekly Virtual Book Club for Kids 2016 – 2017 - September 7, 2016
- 5 reasons why Sandringham Camping and Caravan Club Site is great for families - August 31, 2016